I recently bought a new computer, one of those e-machines from Wally-world. They come with Norton and I was paying for Verizon security.
Well, this guy I know through grappling is an IT guy and he always insists its best to dump the big name and pay systems and use a series of free malware sites that he recommends.
So, on to the point. I get my new computer home, get it going and visit like maybe six sites (and no none of them were porn sites). It was like yahoo, two mixed martial arts sites, ebay and a couple of my emails.
I start thinking about how he always harks on this malware issue, so I decide to trust him and I remove both Norton and the Verizon Security. I download his recommended services;
malwarebytes - SUPERantispyware - and a-squared
I run them and find about eight malware on my new computer! and I'm not talking about low risk stuff. No kidding.
They take care of the problem and I pay nothing for my anti-virus services. I would hug the guy if he wouldn't arm-bar me
The only draw-back is no real time protection, but they find things I guarantee you the pay services will miss. I simply run malwarebytes and SUPERantispyware regularly, take like 12 minutes each and run a-squared every once in a while, it takes maybe 45 minutes.
I personally would recommend these services over the pay services.
*Disclaimer* This is just my opinion







Bookmarks